Monday, November 12, 2012

App: Doceri


Doceri is a must have app.  As I write these words, this app offers a free trial.  It will allow your iPad to share your desktops screen and there are many Interactive Whiteboard tools associated with this app.  It is easy to use and connects to your computer through a QR code or password.  The Doceri dashboard shows the QR code that could quickly connect your iPad with your MacBook.




I used it with a Keynote presentation and easily scrolled through the slides.  Then, when I wanted to highlight certain point on the slide, I just choose the interactive whiteboard feature and a highlighter tool.  Doceri also allowed me to record the presentation for others to view the screencast presentation.

I can see Doceri being used to limit the time stuck in front of the class.  It would allow you to present concepts and freely move around, which can help keep your students on-task.

Here's what you do:
  1. Download the app on your iPad
  2. Download Doceri Desktop on you MacBook
    • If you need assistance, let me know
  3. Open the Desktop App for the MacBook and the Doceri App at the same time
  4. Type your password to connect or point the the iPad camera at the QR code
  5. At this point, you should have control of your computer screen with the iPad




No comments:

Post a Comment