Start your own profile today and connect with teachers. My profile is provided above. If you ever want to video chat between buildings and classrooms, let me know. If you want to increase the geographic distance, then watch the following videos to start your profile.
How to create a profile and find a teacher from Skype in the classroom on Vimeo.
The following is a list of additional implications for Skype:
- Use the program to explain an assignment or project
- Have students meet professionals or subject matter experts on a current instructional unit
- Have students meet pen pals that live great distance from the school
- Skype other classrooms
- Interview student family members that have experienced certain historical events (WWII or September 11th)
- Have a guest reader (anyone) read a favorite book to the class
- Skype an Author
- Have students share published writing with a more meaningful audience
- Provide at home tutoring
- Provide students that are absent from school with instruction
- Provide parents with examples of student expectations on unfamiliar projects
- Have students present a research project or science fair project
Teachers: How can Skype be used to enhance learning for K-12 students? What projects could you create with others? If you decide on a project, you can always post a project request. Here is a short video about creating a project on Skype.
How to create a project on Skype in the classroom from Skype in the classroom on Vimeo.